Process Technician - CG
|Location:||Green Island, NY|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Crystal IS Inc. has developed a semiconductor substrate (Aluminum Nitride) and epitaxial growth process that can be used to create high performance Ultraviolet Light Emitting Diodes (UV-LEDs). Our unique technology allows us to manufacture UV-LEDs with unsurpassed performance within the optimum wavelength range for germicidal disinfection. Commercially viable UV-LEDs will open new markets in water disinfection and bring a safe, environmentally friendly source of water to more people.|
Crystal IS is actively seeking to hire a Laboratory Technician for Crystal Growth Department. The individual will be responsible for crystal growth equipment setup, troubleshooting and maintenance on custom designed crystal growth equipment. The candidate should be mechanically inclined with good attention to detail and possess a strong work ethic.
For more information regarding Crystal-IS, please visit the website at http://www.crystal-is.com/
The successful candidate will be a team contributor with good attention to detail and possess a strong work ethic while performing the following duties:
• Ensure that all relevant process related information is collected and stored.
- Perform pre-run set-up of growth chamber.
- Fabrication of small parts used during processing.
- Perform maintenance and operation of custom designed crystal growth hardware.
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble equipment according to requirements.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on tools and supporting infrastructure in accordance with equipment specifications.
- Maintain critical parts inventory to reduce part related downtime.
• Comfortable entering data in a computer and have experience using Microsoft office products is a plus.
- Associate Degree desired, High school graduate or equivalent required.
- High level of mechanical aptitude is required, prior experience with vacuum technology is a plus.
- Comfortable working in laboratory environment with chemicals (acids/bases/gas cylinders, etc).
- Good attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong work ethic with positive attitude.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.