|Benefits:||Health plan, dental , vision, 401K match|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Asahi Kasei Bioprocess|
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess is seeking a talented applicant to join the Science and Technology department in Glenview, IL as a Technical Writer. The incumbent will be responsible for writing, translating, editing, and publishing scientific and technical documentation relating to products supplied to the biopharmaceutical industry by Asahi Kasei Bioprocess. These products include filters and other purification media used in the production of biopharmaceutical processing. This position requires:
- A deep interest in biotechnology
- A keen aptitude for understanding scientific and technical information
- Excellent writing, editing, and document design skills
- The ability to translate from Japanese to English
- A talent for thinking creatively and critically with respect not only to science but also to end-user interpretation
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- A sharp attention to detail
- The capability for successful communication with a group of diverse team members
Established in 2010, Asahi Kasei Bioprocess (AKB) provides pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturers with a comprehensive suite of tools to maximize safety and improve yields of biotherapeutics during research, clinical and commercial-scale production. PlanovaTM virus-removal filters anchor a diverse product portfolio defined by quality, consistency and scalability. Additional areas of expertise include liquid chromatography, inline buffer dilution and oligonucleotide synthesis.
Editing, content creation, drafting, translation, document design, and publication of product-related scientific and technical documents, including:
Translation of technical documents and presentations from Japanese to English
- Product user guides, validation reports, and SOPs;
- Scientific marketing materials such as product brochures, pamphlets, scientific workshop proceedings, and website content; and
- Product quality assurance-related documentation, change control notifications, and investigative technical reports
Review of scientific literature submissions for peer-reviewed journals
Regular presentation of projects during group meetings
Liaising with R&D, production, quality assurance, technical support, and marketing experts within the organization to efficiently create high-quality documentation under demanding timelines
Bachelor's degree in a scientific/technical field (preferably biotechnology or engineering-related) or a degree in English and/or Japanese with science emphasis provided by curriculum or internships
0-3 years previous experience in technical writing and/or translation
Japanese language skills including reading and writing; previous experience in translation is desirable
Outstanding writing, editing, document design, and publication management skills, including the ability to maintain the consistency of information and presentation style across an entire documentation tree, and the capacity to meet challenging publication deadlines
Aptitude for understanding sophisticated scientific and technical concepts and articulating them via accurate, clear, concise, and visually appealing documents and presentations
Excellent interpersonal skills, so as to be independently able to effectively and efficiently liaise with a team of experts in various technical fields, many of whom are not native speakers of English
Interest (and preferably experience) in the following:
- Technical writing;
- Pharmaceutical industry; and
- Quality Management.
Willingness to travel abroad occasionally for short-term training and discussions with expert teams (some experts and facilities are located in Japan, Belgium, and Germany).
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.